Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ever Growing To Be Read Pile

In middle school and high school I read a good bit but nothing compared to what I read now. I reread a lot of the same books over and over back then. Now I barely have time to reread some of my favorites once a year. I've discovered so many new authors and series since graduating college that my to be read pile has grown past where I can see the end of it.

I used to laugh when people would say they had a pile of books waiting to be read. "You can't have that many." I'd tell them. I can honestly say now I know exactly how they feel. I don't actually have a list, but I know the next few I plan on reading once I'm done with my current. Randomly something will come out or I'll discover something new that takes the place of one of the top 5.

So far I am in the middle of The Dark Series by Christine Feehan. I'm rather new to her. A friend recommended the Drake Sisters Series and I fell in love. I'm now determined to read everything by her before Christmas. So after the Dark series, its on to the Leopard Series, followed by the Ghost Walkers.
From there I promised my sister I'd read the Hunger Games series. I've been told great things about that series. After that I've been told numerous times I need to read the Dresden Files. Every time I ask a certain friend which book should I read next, she ALWAYS says "Dresden!"

Had to take a small break from the Dark series today because one of my favorite authors had a new book come out today. Talking about Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. I've read just about everything she has released and I haven't been disappointed yet.






2 comments:

  1. Best thing about the kindle...might nightstand doesn't look like a leaning tower of pisa anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I completely agree lol. Unfortunately my bookshelves are still buckling even with the Kindle lol. I still buy physical copies of all the books I really enjoy. So I'm usually paying twice the amount per book.

    ReplyDelete